WELCOME TO TYNDALE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Important Words from the Principal
Welcome in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to the Tyndale Christian School website in our 50th Anniversary year (1966-2016).
Choosing a school for your child or children is possibly one of the most important decisions you will make in terms of investing into their future. Children will spend on average around 1,200 hours per year in the hands of teachers, and as such teachers have an enormous influence over your children.
The question you need to weigh up is, of how much importance is it to you how your children’s teachers see and understand the world i.e. what is their worldview?
The teachers at Tyndale see the world from a biblically based and Christ centred perspective. As Christian educators they seek to acknowledge Jesus as their Saviour, and thus live and teach a Gospel inspired way of life on a daily basis.
They all promulgate the Kuyperian vision: “There is no square inch in the whole domain of human experience over which Christ, who is sovereign over all, does not cry – Mine!”
Christian schooling at Tyndale has originated out of our reformational history and heritage and which has been developed through our rigorous ‘Creed and Curriculum’ training for all new staff. We believe that Christian schooling is founded on the scripture which says that “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight” (Proverbs 9:10), thus at Tyndale it is enacted according to the following eight premises:
- Our common faith in the triune God who is sovereign over all
- The infallible Word of God
- Man’s role as steward and image bearer of God
- Man’s sinfulness in all of life
- Man’s task is to live and work according to God’s commands and for His glory
- Redemption in and through Jesus Christ
- The special task of parents to nurture and raise their children
- The special task of the school to assist parents in this task
As a result you can expect to find and experience that we are a school where:
- Jesus Christ is the centre of all the schooling
- God’s word is supreme
- All children are special to the Lord and us
- We aim to serve the lord with gladness
- We partner with parents
- We educate the whole child, intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically
- We are not just an educational institution but rather a community of believers involved in Christ-centred education
All of what we do and say at Tyndale is based on this God given approach which affects all of life. We partner with you in the very privileged position of spending significant amounts of time teaching, nurturing and equipping your children for the 21st century (although not of this world, but still having to live in it for the glory of God). I see the task at hand best through Paul’s words of wisdom in Ephesians 6:13-18 where he talks about how we need to help students ....”put on the full armour of God ..” in order for them to be fully equipped to go to the places and do the things God has in store for them.
William Tyndale after whom the school is named made a significant contribution as a hero of the faith, because he trusted in and promoted the Word of God faithfully even to the stake where he was finally martyred. As part of the body of Christ at Tyndale Christian School we seek to honour William Tyndale’s legacy and passion in extending God’s kingdom through His Word as we work towards preparing God’s Kingdom kids for the future.
We pray that after visiting our website what we do at Tyndale resonates with what you want for your children then we look forward to partnering with you (and your children) in together serving the Lord with gladness.
For the glory of God alone,